The Knockadoon Youth Week (“KYW”) is fully committed to achieving the standards contained within the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
The Statement exists to:
- Improve fundraising practice;
- Promote high levels of accountability and transparency by organisations fundraising from the public;
- Provide clarity and assurances to donors and prospective donors about the organisations they support.
- The KYW have considered the Statement and believe we meet the standards it sets out.
We welcome your feedback on our performance via any of the contact points provided (see below)
Public Compliance Statement
- The KYW is committed to complying with the Statement for Guiding Principles for Fundraising and has formally discussed and adopted the Statement at a meeting of the committee.
- The KYW has a Donor Charter which is consistent with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- The KYW regularly monitors compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- The KYW considers the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising when planning all fundraising activity.
- The KYW provides honest, open and transparent disclosure when fundraising from the public.
- The KYW has appointed a member of the governing body and/or a senior member of staff to be responsible for compliance with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- The KYW ensures that fundraising staff are provided with information and training on the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising and its implementation.
- The KYW has a feedback and complaints procedure consistent with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- The KYW ensures that all donations are tracked and recorded and complies with data protection requirements.
- The KYW is accessible to the public through a number of readily available contact options.
As a volunteer organisation seeking donations from the public we, the KYW aim to comply with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising;
Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness.
We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the KYW.
We promise we will effectively apply your gifts to us for their intended purposes.
We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors will:
- Be informed of the KYW’s mission, and of the way the KYW intends to use donated resources.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the KYW’s committee, and that the committee will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the KYW’s most recent set of accounts.
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally.
- Be informed that those seeking donations are volunteers.
- Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of the KYW.
Handling Feedback and Complaints
The KYW is committed to ensuring that all our communications and dealings with the general public and our supporters are of the highest possible standard. We listen and respond to the views of the general public and our supporters so that we can continue to improve.
The KYW welcomes both positive and negative feedback. Therefore we aim to ensure that:
- it is as easy as possible to make a complaint;
- we treat as a complaint any clear expression of dissatisfaction with our operations which calls for a response;
- we treat it seriously whether it is made by telephone, letter, fax, email or in person;
- we deal with it quickly and politely;
- we respond accordingly – for example, with an explanation, or an apology where we have got things wrong, and information on any action taken etc;
- we learn from complaints, use them to improve, and monitor them at our Committee.
If you have feedback or a complaint:
If you do have a complaint about any aspect of our work, you can contact Camp Director, Fr. Maurice Colgan in writing or by telephone.
In the first instance, your complaint will be dealt with by our Senior Leader, Liam Cunningham.
Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond to you, providing relevant contact details.
Fr. Maurice Colgan
St. Marys Priory
Tel: +353 (85) 830 3381
Anyone fundraising on behalf of the KYW must ensure that prospective donors are aware that they are volunteers.