KYW 2019 – Updates to the Application Process
After KYW 2018 was our most successful year to date, our leaders have already been hard at work to make sure that our next year is bigger and better than ever. The official journey to KYW 2019 starts this Saturday 3rd November when our application forms for this summer go live at 10am. If you missed our recent Facebook and Instagram posts the dates for 2019 are as follows:
Week 1 (15th – 22nd June): All regions;
Week 2 (22nd – 29th June): All regions;
Week 3 (29th June – 6th July): Dundalk and Tallaght;
Week 4 (6th July – 13th July): Newry, Annaclone, Kildare, Cork.
The KYW welcomes and takes feedback very seriously so I would like to take to thank each and everyone of you who got in touch with us to share your thoughts on the online application process from last year. Overall the feedback has been very positive and the majority of parents who got in touch were in favour of the new application process.
This year the KYW will continue to provide alternative payment plans that will give parents flexible monthly options as to how they want to pay for their child’s camp fee. The only downside to using this method is the cost of maintaining the payment system that provides this capability. This coupled with the fact that the cost per camper that the KYW has to pay Knockadoon camp has also increased means we have had to increase the cost of camp by €5 per camper meaning the total cost of camp for 2019 will be €180 per camper.
How to sign up:
The online application form will go live on the 3rd November at 10am and the link to the online form will be available on our Facebook page and website as soon as the clock hits 10:00.
Below is a few points worth reading over and remembering before filling out the form;
- Please read the terms and conditions on the first page of the form.
- Please include a valid email and phone number on the parents information section (section 2) of the application form.
- Multiple bookings are not available and we require individual entries for each camper.
- There will be no priority list this year.
- A non-refundable deposit of €25 will be included in your first monthly charge.
- Your place as a camper will not be secured until you have 100% completed the application form and your first months payment has successfully processed
All fees need to be paid before the 31st May 2019 – as a result each payment option will have an expiry date as to when you can sign up for them. For example;
If you sign up before the 31st of December, you can avail of a 6 month or below payment plan.
If you sign up after the 31st December, you can avail of a 5 month or below payment plan.
If you sign up after the 31st January, you can avail of a 4 month or below payment plan.
Monthly payments will be automatically deducted from your account on the same day each month as to when you first signed up. For example;
If you sign up on the 2nd December with the 4 month plan your remaining payments will be automatically deducted from your bank account on the 2nd January, 2nd February & 2nd March.
Should any monthly payment fail, you will be sent an email and given 10 days notice to complete the payment. If payment is not received after the 10 days, your place will be cancelled and your money will be refunded to your account (excluding the €25 deposit).
- One-off payment: €180 will be taken your account in a one off payment for camp (including the deposit for camp) and no further payments will be required.
- Two-month payment plan: A payment of €90 will be taken on the date of your application and one subsequent €90 payment on the same date of the following month.
- Three-month payment plan: A payment of €60 will be taken on the date of your application and two subsequent €60 payments on the same date of the following two months
- Four-month payment plan: A payment of €45 will be taken on the date of your application and three subsequent €45 payments on the same date of the following three months
- Five-month payment plan: A payment of €36 will be taken on the date of your application and four subsequent €36 payments on the same date of the following four months
- Six-month payment plan: A payment of €30 will be taken on the date of your application and five subsequent €30 payments on the same date of the following five months
I hope all of this makes sense, if anyone has any questions please reach out to me via email or our Facebook page and we will get back to you to ASAP to help clear any confusion up. All of these operational improvements allow us to focus more on improving the KYW for campers and I believe last year on camp was one of the best programmes we have put on yet. We will continue with this objective over the next couple of years and aim to improve all aspects of the KYW for everyone involved.
Junior Assistant Senior Leader KYW