‘The comeback is always stronger than the setback’.
This is the mindset that has been the driving force behind the work that the KYW leaders have been doing in the past weeks and months. Over the past two years that we’ve been absent from camp we’ve said goodbye to many people, both leaders and campers, who won’t be returning. We would like to extend our well wishes and thanks to each and every person who has been a part of the KYW, both before the pandemic and throughout it. Losing members of our volunteer team, as well as having many of our campers now exceeding our age range, has indeed been a setback for the KYW.
However, we are now in a position where we can look to the future. The Knockadoon Youth Week programmes for 2022 take a huge leap forward tomorrow at 12pm, when we launch our application form. If you’ve missed our recent social media posts, our current dates for next summer are as follows:
2nd – 9th July;
Both weeks are open to 11-17 year olds from Dundalk, Tallaght, Newbridge, Newry, Annaclone and Cork.
The KYW welcomes and takes feedback very seriously. Anyone who is experiencing difficulties with the application process can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively can contact us via our Facebook page.
This year, the KYW will continue to provide alternative payment plans that will give parents flexible monthly options as to how they want to pay for their child’s camp fee. The only downside to using this method is the cost of maintaining the payment system that enables us to do so. This, coupled with our rising costs across the board, means that the total cost of camp for 2022 will be €200 per camper.
How to sign up:
The online application form will go live on the 13th November at 12pm. The link to the online form will be available on our Facebook page and website as soon as the clock hits 12:00.
Below is a few points worth reading, and keeping in mind while filling out the form;
- Please read the terms and conditions on the first page of the form.
- Please include a valid email and phone number on the parents information section (section 2) of the application form.
- Multiple bookings are not available and we require individual entries for each camper.
- A non-refundable deposit of €30 will be included in your first monthly charge.
- Your place as a camper will not be secured until you have 100% completed the application form and your first months payment has successfully processed
All fees need to be paid before the 31st May 2022 – as a result each payment option will have an expiry date as to when you can sign up for them. For example;
If you sign up before the 31st of December, you can avail of a 6 month or below payment plan.
If you sign up after the 31st December, you can avail of a 5 month or below payment plan.
If you sign up after the 31st January, you can avail of a 4 month or below payment plan.
Monthly payments will be automatically deducted from your account on the same day each month as to when you first signed up. For example;
If you sign up on the 2nd December with the 4 month plan your remaining payments will be automatically deducted from your bank account on the 2nd January, 2nd February and 2nd March.
Should any monthly payment fail, you will be sent an email and given 10 days notice to complete the payment. If payment is not received after the 10 days, your place will be cancelled and your money will be refunded to your account (excluding the €30 deposit).
- One-off payment: €200 will be taken your account in a one off payment for camp (including the deposit for camp) and no further payments will be required.
- Two-month payment plan: A payment of €100 will be taken on the date of your application and one subsequent €100 payment on the same date of the following month.
- Three-month payment plan: A payment of €66.66 will be taken on the date of your application and two subsequent €66.66 payments on the same date of the following two months
- Four-month payment plan: A payment of €50 will be taken on the date of your application and three subsequent €50 payments on the same date of the following three months
- Five-month payment plan: A payment of €40 will be taken on the date of your application and four subsequent €40 payments on the same date of the following four months
- Six-month payment plan: A payment of €33.33 will be taken on the date of your application and five subsequent €33.33 payments on the same date of the following five months
If anyone has any questions please reach out via email or our Facebook page and we will get back to you as soon as we can to help clear any confusion up.
The countdown to camp starts here – Alexa, play On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons.
Senior Leader, KYW