‘There is nothing better than having it all except having it all, losing it all then getting it back again’
KYW22 will always be the year that by rights shouldn’t have been as successful as it was, after a two year hiatus to return to running 3 weeks for over 240 campers and over 80 leaders is an incredible sign of the belief of those affiliated with the KYW that it is something worth fighting for. I’d like to thank the leaders, campers, parents, Dominicans and wider members of the KYW community for their efforts to reopen the camp and they can rest assured that their hard work has already and will continue to pay off.
The thing about success is that the standard has now been set and KYW23 has big shoes to fill. However, we have already experienced great success in the off-season with our largest ever leader training weekend, the welcoming of 18 new leaders to the leader group and a series of fundraising events already having raised over €2000 for this year’s programme. With such a hard act to follow, KYW23 has the biggest expectations of any previous year, both in terms of the programme itself and the largest fundraising target we’ve ever had. Thankfully we have arguably the greatest ever KYW leader roster to work towards these goals.
As with any previous KYW year huge changes have already been made to the direction of leadership, the way we carry out our operations and our plans to improve the programme. We have sadly had to say goodbye to our Senior Leader, the wonderful Orlaith O’Callaghan who has joined the leader retirement club. Orlaith feeling comfortable to hand over the management of such a large and prospering organisation is a clear sign of belief in how strong the current leader group is and illustrates just how great a position the KYW is currently in. I would like to especially thank Orlaith for all of the work that she put in to the KYW throughout her decade as a leader, particularly for being the person who went above and beyond to ensure KYW22 was the great success we all came to experience.
Wisdom is a circle and what you receive you must give back. It is this mantra which sees the KYW and its leaders ready take its next great leap forward with the launch of the applications for KYW23 to capitalise and expand on the resounding success that KYW22 was. If you have not seen our social media posts the dates for next year’s program are as follows:
Week One: 17th June – 24th June
Week Two: 24th June – 1st July
Week Three: 1st July – 8th July
The KYW welcomes and takes feedback very seriously. Anyone who is experiencing difficulties with the application process can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively can contact us via our social media pages. We would also like to thank the parents who completed our parent feedback form to better inform our decision making process for the coming KYW year.
This year, the KYW will continue to provide alternative payment plans that will give parents flexible monthly options as to how they want to pay for their child’s €210 camp fee.
How to sign up:
The online application form will go live on the 5th November at 10a.m. The link to the online form will be available on our Facebook page and website as soon as the clock hits 10:00. Once again all weeks are available to open to 11-17 year olds from all regions.
Below is a few points worth reading, and keeping in mind while filling out the form;
- Please read the terms and conditions on the first page of the form.
- Please include a valid email and phone number on the parents information section (section 2) of the application form.
- Multiple bookings are not available and we require individual entries for each camper.
- A non-refundable deposit of €35 will be included in your first monthly charge.
- Your place as a camper will not be secured until you have 100% completed the application form and your first months payment has successfully processed
All fees need to be paid before the 31st May 2023 – as a result each payment option will have an expiry date as to when you can sign up for them. For example;
If you sign up before the 31st of December, you can avail of a 6 month or below payment plan.
If you sign up after the 31st December, you can avail of a 5 month or below payment plan. If you sign up after the 31st January, you can avail of a 4 month or below payment plan and so on.
Monthly payments will be automatically deducted from your account on the same day each month as to when you first signed up. For example;
If you sign up on the 2nd December with the 4 month plan your remaining payments will be automatically deducted from your bank account on the 2nd January, 2nd February and 2nd March.
Should any monthly payment fail, you will be sent an email and given 10 days notice to complete the payment. If payment is not received after the 10 days, your place will be cancelled and your money will be refunded to your account (excluding the €35 deposit).
- One-off payment: €210 will be taken your account in a one off payment for camp (including the deposit for camp) and no further payments will be required.
- Two-month payment plan: A payment of €105 will be taken on the date of your application and one subsequent €105 payment on the same date of the following month.
- Three-month payment plan: A payment of €70 will be taken on the date of your application and two subsequent €70 payments on the same date of the following two months
- Four-month payment plan: A payment of €52.50 will be taken on the date of your application and three subsequent €52.50 payments on the same date of the following three months
- Five-month payment plan: A payment of €42 will be taken on the date of your application and four subsequent €42 payments on the same date of the following four months
- Six-month payment plan: A payment of €35 will be taken on the date of your application and five subsequent €35 payments on the same date of the following five months
If anyone has any questions please reach out via email or to one of our social media accounts and we will get back to you as soon as we can to help clear any confusion up.
The countdown to camp start today, and for the KYW may today be better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow
I’ll see you on the other side
Senior Leader, KYW