‘May today be better than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow’
Following the resounding success that was KYW22, the KYW went into 2023 with possibly the highest expectations of any KYW year. Despite this, KYW23 managed to exceed any and all expectations as records were broken across the board as we set new fundraising records, welcomed the most campers ever to a KYW programme and introduced a host of new activities and events. I’d like to thank the leaders, campers, parents, Dominicans and wider members of the KYW community for their efforts to elevate the KYW to new heights and help us to deliver one of our best programmes to date.
It is the KYW’s adaptability and response to change that has made the programme so robust and able to return to and exceed its pre-pandemic success in just two years following the revival of the programme. Once again we undergo great change as many leaders have said their goodbyes to the camp, whilst two members of the Senior Leadership Team have retired from their positions. However, with this change comes opportunity as the KYW has warmly welcomed 13 new volunteer leaders for the year ahead as well as adding two new members to our existing Senior Leadership Team for KYW24.
We are now looking forward to the future as we continue to grow and adapt the programme to ensure we continue to prosper in our mission to provide a safe place where young people can come together to enjoy themselves, growth in their faith and human development and relax in the company of their peers.
If you have not seen our social media posts the dates for next year’s program are as follows:
Week One: 15th June – 22nd June
Week Two: 22nd June – 29th June
Week Three: 29th June – 6th July
Week Four: 6th July – 13th July
This year, the KYW will continue to provide alternative payment plans that will give parents flexible monthly options as to how they want to pay for their child’s camp fee. This year due to external cost pressures, the camp fee has been increased to €230. This is the lowest possible amount the programme could be set at given the rapidly rising costs of operating the programme, with our leaders’ fundraising efforts no longer able to effectively keep pace with spiraling costs across the board.
How to sign up:
The online application form will go live on the 4th November at 10a.m. The link to the online form will be available on our Facebook page and website as soon as the clock hits 10:00. Once again all weeks are available to open to 11-17 year olds from all regions.
Below is a few points worth reading, and keeping in mind while filling out the form;
- As always the KYW reserves the right to reject or remove any application and our decision is final.
- Please ensure you apply to the correct application form, given there are separate application forms for males and females.
- Please read the terms and conditions on the first page of the form.
- Please include a valid email and phone number on the parents information section (section 2) of the application form.
- Multiple bookings are not available and we require individual entries for each camper.
- A non-refundable deposit of €35 will be included in your first monthly charge.
- Any cancellations made after the 31st May 2024 will not be entitled to a refund
- Your place as a camper will not be secured until you have 100% completed the application form and your first payment has successfully processed
- We want to accommodate keeping groups of campers together as much as possible and allow as many campers as possible to return to the programme. So we ask that you book the earliest week that you are able to attend where possible to ensure certain weeks are not oversubscribed and that campers sitting exams or with other commitments are still able to attend.
All fees need to be paid before the 31st May 2024 – as a result each payment option will have an expiry date as to when you can sign up for them. For example;
If you sign up before the 31st of December, you can avail of a 6 month or below payment plan. If you sign up after the 31st December, you can avail of a 5 month or below payment plan. If you sign up after the 31st January, you can avail of a 4 month or below payment plan and so on.
Monthly payments will be automatically deducted from your account on the same day each month as to when you first signed up. For example; If you sign up on the 2nd December with the 4 month plan your remaining payments will be automatically deducted from your bank account on the 2nd January, 2nd February and 2nd March.
Should any monthly payment fail, you will be sent an email and given 10 days notice to complete the payment. If payment is not received after the 10 days, your place will be cancelled and your money will be refunded to your account (excluding the €35 deposit).
- One-off payment: €230 will be taken from your account in a one off payment for camp (including the deposit for camp) and no further payments will be required.
- Two-month payment plan: A payment of €115 will be taken on the date of your application and one subsequent €115 payment on the same date of the following month.
- Three-month payment plan: A payment of €76.66 will be taken on the date of your application and two subsequent €76.66 payments on the same date of the following two months
- Four-month payment plan: A payment of €57.50 will be taken on the date of your application and three subsequent €57.50 payments on the same date of the following three months
- Five-month payment plan: A payment of €46 will be taken on the date of your application and four subsequent €46 payments on the same date of the following four months
- Six-month payment plan: A payment of €38.33 will be taken on the date of your application and five subsequent €38.33 payments on the same date of the following five months
The KYW welcomes and takes feedback very seriously. Anyone who is experiencing difficulties with the application process can email us at: email@example.com, or alternatively can contact us via our social media pages. We would also like to thank the parents who completed our parent feedback form to better inform our decision making process for the coming KYW year. If anyone has any questions please reach out via email or to one of our social media accounts and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
The countdown to camp starts today, I hope you are looking forward to it as much as we are!
Senior Leader, KYW